Tag: 上海水磨会所论坛

  • Ventura is back in action on Saturday

    first_imgVENTURA, Calif. – After two weeks off, Ventura Raceway has a full program of action-packed racing by the beach headlined by the IMCA Modifieds.  Pits open at noon, grandstands at 3 p.m.  Admission is adults $15, seniors, military and students $11 and kids 12 and under are free.  Check the www.venturaraceway.com website for a full schedule or the Facebook page for other events, notes and contests to get free tickets. IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, Larry Shaw Race Cars Western Region, E3 Spark Plugs California State and track points will be awarded. last_img read more

  • Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth storm into Australian Open semifinals

    first_imgStar shuttlers Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth registered straight wins in the women’s and men’s singles matches to storm into the semi-finals of the $750,000 Australian Open Superseries here on Friday.Playing the third match of the day, Saina, seeded seventh, beat second-seeded Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand 28-26, 21-16 in 56 minutes while Srikanth overcame Hee Heo Kwang 21-18, 21-17 in a 36-minute quarter-final clash.SAINA BOUNCES BACK In the opening game, Saina trailed briefly but bounced back superbly to force a tie-breaker. After that it was the Indian who dictated the terms in the second game to pocket it with ease.The World No.8 will now take on fourth seed Yihan Wang in the semi-finals on Saturday against whom she trails 4-11 in head-to-head face-offs.EASY OUTING In men’s singles, Srikanth had a relatively easy outing against the South Korean qualifier. The Indian will now take on Denmark’s Vittinghus Hans-Kristian in the semi-finals.Meanwhile, in a major upset, Chinese top seed Chen Long crashed out of the tournament after going down 21-14, 21-17 to Indonesian Anthony Sinisuka Ginting in a 44-minute clash.Ginting will now face South Korea’s Jeon Hyeok Jin in the semi-finals.last_img read more

  • Some foreigners angry by Junkanoo Carnival delay

    first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#BahamasJunkanooCarnival, #JunkanooCarnivaldelayangersforeigners, #magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, April 5, 2017, Nassau – Reports made Monday that the Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival has been postponed has sparked outrage among some people abroad who had already made plans to travel to Bahamas for the event as previously announced for May 4-6.One woman who planned to travel from Virginia said her group spent well over $10,000 in travel expenses and costumes. “Postponing is a cancellation to us.  The government should be embarrassed.” She said.   Another overseas supporter of Junkanoo Carnival called a local radio show from Florida to also give his thoughts on the matter.  “This is ridiculous.   I feel like I could cry. Perry must’ve lost his mind”, he said.Prime Minister Perry Christie still holds firm that the postponement was necessary.  Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival organizers have since announced on Instagram that the new dates are May 18-20.Story by: Sheri-kae McLeod#MagneticMediaNews#JunkanooCarnivaldelayangersforeigners#BahamasJunkanooCarnival Junkanoo Carnival in Nassau better, social media rows Recommended for youlast_img read more

  • Caicos Express Airways back in business at Salt Cay airport

    first_img TCI: Water Canon greetings for Caicos Express Airways in Puerto Plata, DomRep Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#CaicosExpressAirways, #magneticmedianews, #SaltCay Recommended for you Caicos Express takes off for Puerto Plata March 15, flights weekly from Turks and Caicos TCI airliners cancel flights to Port-au-Prince amidst rioting, no official warnings from Govt Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Turks and Caicos, August 11, 2017 – Salt Cay – #CaicosExpressAirways can resume flights into Salt Cay now, the Civil Aviation Authority has lifted the restriction after urgent repairs are complete at the airport.    Government yesterday made the announcement, explaining that representatives from the Airports Authority and Caicos Express Airways made a follow-up visit to Salt Cay just this past Monday to inspect the maintenance work done by the Airports Authority; all were said to be satisfied.There is no description as to what was done to improve the aerodrome at Salt Cay, but when the airport was closed back in late June, Magnetic Media was informed that the runway was a mess and that it needed to be extended.   It is unclear whether that extension also took place.   It was also never explained why the airport was allowed to become so run down in the first place.Minister responsible for airports, Premier Sharlene Robinson is quoted in the media release,  “This is part of my Government’s commitment to ensure that the Turks and Caicos Islands remains accessible.   The suspension of flights into and out of Salt Cay has caused the public on the Island most particularly the aged persons and the already challenged businesses much inconvenience and my Government made a commitment to ensure that this matter was rectified expeditiously.”Ferry service had been boosted to daily runs in the interim; Caicos Express Airways is currently the only commercial airline serving #SaltCay.#MagneticMediaNewslast_img read more