Tag: 上海水磨会所

  • Syracuse looks to prevent Duke from getting revenge in ACC championship game

    first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ CHESTER, Pa. — In order to win the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament, Syracuse will try to do what Duke couldn’t do last season against the Orange: win twice.The Blue Devils annihilated SU, 21-7, in the teams’ regular season matchup last season, but the Orange countered with a 16-15 win just over a month later.The roles are now reversed. Syracuse beat up on Duke 19-7 on March 22, and will try to avoid the same fate they delivered to the Blue Devils last season.“We know first-hand how that works,” attack Kevin Rice said. “…We know they have that same revenge and mindset on their brain.“We’ve got a little bit of that too because last year we came up short in the (ACC) championship game.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textHaving beaten the Blue Devils over a month ago, No. 3-seeded SU (10-2, 2-2 ACC) is set to play No. 4-seeded Duke (11-4, 1-3) on Sunday at 1 p.m. in PPL Park for the conference tournament championship.While Syracuse and Duke have only been conference opponents for two seasons, Sunday’s game will be the teams’ fifth matchup in three years. Rice said the championship game will be more about the players’ mentalities than X’s and O’s, and head coach John Desko echoed his senior captain’s message going into the winner-take-all game.“Mentally we’ll have to get past our win in the Dome,” Desko said. “They’re a much improved lacrosse team from what I saw this afternoon, I think they’ve been steadily improving all year long.”Desko said his team plans to look at the Blue Devils’ improved faceoff unit in its short practice on Saturday and in film review. The Orange dominated the X in the regular season matchup, allowing SU to neutralize Dukes’s top offensive threat, midfielder Myles Jones.Syracuse pitted senior midfielder Peter Macartney against Jones, who often had his shooting angles cut off by Macartney and was forced sideways instead of straight ahead. When Jones did get an open shooting lane, it was Bobby Wardwell in net who was the stopgap, making 11 saves and allowing only two goals in 48 minutes.Wardwell, though, made it clear that his previous success means nothing substantial on Sunday.“You’ve kind of just got to forget that game that we played them,” Wardwell said.Syracuse will have its 9-8 ACC semifinal win against North Carolina fresh in its mind when taking the field on Sunday. It’ll be the team’s second game in three days, the shortest stretch between games that SU has endured all season.Duke’s situation is similar, but the Blue Devils did play four games total in two consecutive weekends to open up the season. The one-day break between games during the ACC tournament is traditional, but not a common practice teams tend to prepare for during the season.“Everybody’s got bruises and bumps and you’re used to maybe a full week or four days to rest,” Rice said. “But you’ve gotta know that both teams played a tight game and everyone’s going to be banged up.”While the Orange has little experience this season to draw upon on such a short stretch between games, SU’s core of fourth- and fifth-year players certainly have more of it.The veteran group is advancing to its fourth consecutive conference tournament championship, sending a clear message to younger contributors that the stretch is as much about being resilient as it is being the most talented team in the conference.“It’s the team that can look within themselves and pull out and go back to all the conditioning you’ve done,” Rice said. “Just find whatever reserves you’ve got left to push through it.” Comments Published on April 25, 2015 at 5:38 pm Contact Connor: [email protected] | @connorgrossmanlast_img read more

  • Burger King Twitter Account Hacked, Hilarity Ensues

    first_imgThe hack appears have been perpetrated by members associated online “hacktivist” group Anonymous. Tweets are being signed with the tag @DFNCTSC, which stands for “Defonic Team Screen Name Club.” A teenage hacker in the @DFNCTSC group pled guilt to hacking Paris Hilton in 2009 and was sentenced to 11 months in a juvenile corrections facility. It is often difficult to tell if malicious hackers are members of Anonymous or not as the group has little centralized structure and primarily communicates with the world through a variety of Twitter accounts.  dan rowinski Guide to Performing Bulk Email Verification A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Audit The hackers seem to be enjoying themselves. The @BurgerKing account is retweeting nearly any mention of the hack it can find while mentioning a variety of hip hop recording artists in its tweets. At the time of publication, Burger King had not yet reclaimed control over its Twitter account. One Twitter user noted that the Burger King hack may not really be such a bad thing overall as it elevates Burger King into the national conversation, even if it is for a horribly embarrassing incident. Any publicity is good publicity, right? Update: The Burger King account was suspended by Twitter around 1:35 p.m. EST.  The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videoscenter_img The latter has just happened to fast food chain Burger King’s Twitter account. Around noon EST today, Burger King’s account was hacked, and whoever took it over promptly announced that Burger King had sold itself to McDonald’s. The hackers changed the Burger King avatar logo to that of McDonald’s and have been on a hilarious rampage ever since.  Twitter accounts get hacked all the time. Most of the time it is a random user whose account gets turned an unwitting spam bot. But sometimes it’s a big brand and the results can range from catastrophic to hilarious. Tags:#Anonymous#hackers#twitter Whoever has hacked Burger King posted the tweet below, telling people to follow @YourAnonNews, the primary news account for the group and calling the Burger King hack #OpMadCow.  Related Posts Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro…last_img read more

  • 6 days agoChelsea boss Lampard: What I love about Barkley

    first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea boss Lampard: What I love about Barkleyby Paul Vegas6 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Frank Lampard is delighted with the form of Ross Barkley.Barkley was a late substitute in England’s defeat in the Czech Republic but he returned to the starting 11 in style in Bulgaria when he scored two goals having set up the opener.”Ross played well,” praises Lampard. “I am loving his arrival into the box, that is what you always want when you are playing with midfielders with attacking qualities, for them to be in the six-yard box, not just to be in and around the area, and it is good for his confidence.”He knows that it is competitive here for a place in midfield. I am delighted to see players going away internationally and doing well, particularly if they have not been playing as much as they would like to here. It gives me a good problem and I am pleased for him.” last_img read more

  • Jai Ram Thakur is badly cornered in Mandi now

    first_imgKuldeep Singh Rathore, 58, was appointed PCC president close to the Lok Sabha poll replacing Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu, a sitting MLA. His brief was to put the party’s factionalism to an end and ensure active engagement of the veterans like Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, who was vehemently seeking removal of Sukhu for quite sometimes. A close lieutenant of former Union Minister Anand Sharma, Rathore says the party is now fully geared up to fight the Lok Sabha polls. Ashwani Sharma, Assistant Editor, the Millennium Post, spoke to Rathore at Shimla. Here are excerpts from his interview. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’ Around three months into the job, do you think you are in the full command of the things? Yes, 100 per cent. When I was given the charge, the party was in complete disarray. Though I don’t want to cause any aspersions on my predecessor it is a hard fact that I inherited the organisation that was split into many factions. Senior leaders were unhappy and utterly disappointed with the party’s state of affairs. Knowing that the elections are around the corner, I did not waste a single day. I had the organisational experience since being a PCC general secretary before this. I reached out to all senior leaders. I also met the workers. Noted down their suggestions. A clear road map emerged before me. That has been put into full action. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KHow tough was to convince Virbhadra Singh and get him on the board? Virbhadra Singh is a towering leader. He had been Chief Minister six-times, a former union minister and PCC president several times. He understood the challenge before us and trusted me. I told him simply that if I am a ‘commander’, appointed by Congress president Rahul Gandhi, you are our Commander-In-Chief (C-in-C). He laughed and said ok. What are the party’s prospects. Do you think, you will be able to open your account? In 2014, the Congress could not win any seat. All four seats were won by the BJP. This was basically due to Modi wave sweeping the country. They (BJP) mislead voters. Narendra Modi made tall promises. People in Himachal Pradesh are very simple. They believed him blindly. They thought the state will get a lot of benefits /help from the centre when Modi becomes the Prime Minister. We also expected a financial package, lot of jobs for the youths, and believed that the apple growers will be benefited from what he promised to Himachal Pradesh farmers. What has really changed for the Congress now? There is a lot of change. Modi faces three-fold anti-incumbency. He did not help at all though he claims Himachal Pradesh is his second home. His corruption, the Rafale deal and other exposed, failure to provide jobs, help fruit growers in the state, and above all now non-governance of the BJP government under Jai Ram Thakur. People feel Modi is a liar. His ‘jumla’ politics is not going to work again. Modi factor not cut any ice here. No vote for Modi. If so, why senior Congress leaders did not agree to contest the Lok Sabha polls? It’s true. I wanted senior leaders to contest. I was keen to see Virbhadra Singh contesting Mandi – which is a hot seat for us now. He was not ready. Nevertheless, I think we have been able to field best and also winnable candidates. The BJP position is so bad that it had to change two candidates. It’s a clear defeat of the party because the performance of its MPs is zero. Do you feel the return of Pt Sukh Ram with his grandson Ashray Sharma in tow will help the Congress,especially Ashray having been fielded from Mandi? Oh yes. Sukh Ram’s entry is definitely a blow to the BJP. He has a strong influence intact in the area. Since his son Anil Sharma had quit the Congress and joined the BJP in 2017 before the polls, the Congress lost the whole of Mandi district. This time, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur — who hails from Mandi district, is badly cornered by the Congress. He is worried about Mandi to save his chair. Anil Sharma has also quit the cabinet. Let us see how Jai Ram Thakur saves the seat. But will Virbhadra Singh campaign in Mandi? We had discussed this factor in length. Virbhadra Singh Ji has already joined the poll campaign. His Mandi campaign programme will soon be released officially. I can’t say if he will share the stage with Pt Sukh Ram but he (Virbhadra ) will be party’s star campaigner for all four seats. The BJP has a lot of resources for the campaign, hoardings are already out all over the state. The Congress has no money to fight polls. I always say we will fight ‘Dhanbal’ (money power) with “Janabal” (manpower) Virbhadra Singh says the Congress will win at least two seats. What’s your assessment? No, No. We will all four seats.last_img read more

  • 10 Egyptians jailed over anticonstitution vote protest

    first_imgCAIRO – Ten Egyptians, including a journalist working for a Muslim Brotherhood newspaper, were each sentenced on Monday to a year in jail for protesting against a constitutional referendum, judicial sources said.Egypt adopted in January a new constitution after the previous one, approved during the presidency of Mohammad Morsi, was suspended when he was ousted last July.The 10 defendants were found guilty of “attempts to derail the constitutional referendum” held on January 14 and 15, and “disturbing public order,” the sources said. Journalist Samah Ibrahim was arrested while covering a demonstration by supporters of Morsi, Egypt’s first elected and civilian president who ruled for a year before his overthrow.That demonstration in Cairo called for a boycott of the referendum, as Morsi’s supporters refused to recognise the military-installed government that promised a “democratic transition” following his ouster.Since the ouster of Morsi, the authorities have launched a relentless crackdown on his supporters and his Muslim Brotherhood movement.Amnesty International says more than 1,400 people have been killed in the crackdown and thousands more jailed.The Muslim Brotherhood itself has been designated “terrorist organisation” and participating in any of its demonstrations is punishable by up to five years in prison.Several television channels linked to the movement have already been shut down, while its mouthpiece Al-Horreya wal Adala where Ibrahim worked has been banned.last_img read more

  • Martinez remains lighttipped over Belgium future

    first_imgRoberto Martinez has emphasized that now is not the time for his future at Belgium to be put into question following their World Cup exit on TuesdayA Samuel Umtiti from Antoine Griezmann’s corner in the second-half proved to be the difference at Saint Petersburg as Belgium missed out on the chance at reaching the World Cup final.Martinez then was questioned on his future, but he insisted that Saturday’s third-place playoff game against either Croatia or England was his main priority for now.“It’s too early to make any assessment for the tournament,” said the Spaniard, according to the BBC.Raheem Sterling, EnglandTop 5 best players from the international break weekend Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 After a fresh international break just came to an end, we need to talk about the Top 5 best players during this whole weekend.We…“We need to focus on the final game and fight for third place. Then we’ll regroup. We need to look at the younger generation and try to be stronger for the future. We have a wealth of young talent coming through.“It is a difficult emotion to manage – you are disappointed at losing a semi-final. The next 48 hours will be important. To try to finish third in a World Cup doesn’t happen too often. It’s an important game.”While they won’t be making the final this time around, Belgium can still make a little history on Saturday by beating their previous best finish at a World Cup of fourth place, back in the 1986 tournament in Mexico.last_img read more

  • AC Milan hero Piatek promises more goals

    first_imgKrzysztof Piatek admitted he was not astonished by his own standards in his full Milan debut against Napoli claiming “I expected a night like this, but it’s just the start.”The former Genoa striker capped his first start in the Rossoneri jersey with a brace in the opening 27 minutes of a 2-0 Coppa Italia quarter-final victory.And he went on to promise the Rossoneri fans of more nights like this as he aims for a prolific career in Milan.FT: Milan 2-0 NapoliYou could not have asked for a better team performance. You could not have asked for a better starting debut for Piatek. Milan are through to the semi finals of the Coppa Italia.#ForzaMilan 🔴⚫ pic.twitter.com/g6mjDzGT0P— TheMilanBible (@TheMilanBible) January 29, 2019Cristiano Ronaldo, JuventusSerie A Betting: Match-day 3 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Considering there is a number of perfect starts so early in the Serie A season, as well as a few surprisingly not-so perfect ones….“I expected a night like this. I said that I was ready and I got a brace, but this is just the start,” Piatek told Football Italia via Milan TV.“Both goals were great, even if they were different. Before the game I spoke to Diego Laxalt and Fabio Borini, asking them to give me the ball high and long, because I prefer it that way.“On the second goal, I had to take on Koulibaly, but it went well. I am already thinking about the next game with Roma and hope the rapport with my teammates is even stronger by then.“I felt good tonight and it was marvellous playing at San Siro.”#Piatek first milan goal 🔫🔫❤️🖤-Y creds @TVACM pic.twitter.com/qU6JjrW15y— ACMilanSwiss (@AcMilanSwiss) January 29, 2019last_img read more

  • Report Schalke deny interest in Liverpools Solanke

    first_imgSchalke 04 have reportedly denied any interest in signing Dominic Solanke from Liverpool on loanThe 21-year-old striker is yet to have a single minute of action this season after making 21 Premier League appearances last term.This is due to the reemergence of Daniel Sturridge, who has made 15 appearances this term after falling out of favour this time last year.But Sky Sports reports that Schalke have no move for Solanke and will likely not make any whatsoever.This new twist leaves Crystal Palace the clear favourites now to sign Solanke with manager Roy Hodgson confirming his interest.Jose Mourinho is sold on Lampard succeeding at Chelsea Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho wanted to give his two cents on Frank Lampard’s odds as the new Chelsea FC manager, he thinks he will succeed.There really…Hodgson said: “It’s obviously not a secret that’s he’s a target and someone we’d like to have.“What would he do for us? He’d provide the attacking threat a good centre-forward should provide and he’s a proven goalscorer through the age groups with Chelsea and England.“If he comes here, it will be a great opportunity to show he can transfer that to Premier League football because we have someone who is the profile we are looking for and who I think has the ability we are looking for.”Another club allegedly interested in the England U-21 international is Huddersfield Town.last_img read more