Tag: 上海怎么找lf

  • Hablemos Press journalist awaits 10th deportation to home town

    first_img News News Follow the news on Cuba Receive email alerts May 15, 2012 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Hablemos Press journalist awaits 10th deportation to home town Help by sharing this information CubaAmericas CubaAmericas May 6, 2020 Find out more News to go furthercenter_img Cuba and its Decree Law 370: annihilating freedom of expression on the Internet Calixto Ramón Martínez Arias, a reporter for the independent news agency Hablemos Press, was arrested on 10 May and is being held in a police detention centre in Havana awaiting deportation in three days’ time to his home town of Camagüey for the 10th time in two years.His sister-in-law, Niurka Caridad Ortega, visited the journalist yesterday and told Hablemos Press she had “seen him and taken him some clean laundry, although he said he had stopped eating since Thursday and was spitting blood. It appears that the stomach ulcer from which he suffers has worsened.” Reporters Without Borders said: “Calixto Ramón Martínez lives and works in Havana, where he also has relatives. On this basis, his expulsion to Camagüey contravenes the relaxation, passed at the end of last year, of the law on internal migration, which restricted the movement of people to the capital.“The free movement of individuals is a basic right which the Cuban government must acknowledge, particularly if it decides to ratify the two United Nations pacts on civil and political rights that it signed in 2008. “Why do the authorities insist in uprooting this man from his everyday surroundings? Is it because he recently reported, via Hablemos Press, that Havana was experiencing problems with its water supply? The subject deserves more than senseless reprisals against the journalist who raised it. “This deportation – his 10th — would be laughable were it not for the fact that it exposes the refusal of the government, which claims to be aware of the need to change the way it governs, to establish an open and sustained dialogue with civil society.”The press freedom organization also called for the journalist to be given all appropriate care. Hablemos Press has recorded just over 1,900 detentions or hostile acts by the authorities towards dissidents since the start of the year, including 340 during April. The agency has itself been affected by the crackdown. Besides Martinez, two more of its journalists, Gerardo Younel Avila and Magali Norvis Otero, were each detained briefly, on 6 and 9 May respectively. October 12, 2018 Find out more New press freedom predators elected to UN Human Rights Council RSF_en Organisation News RSF and Fundamedios welcome US asylum ruling in favor of Cuban journalist Serafin Moran Santiago October 15, 2020 Find out morelast_img read more

  • NJ Train Derailment in Penn Station Causes LIRR Delays

    first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York An NJ TRANSIT train derailed in Penn Station in Manhattan on Monday morning, which MTA officials said will cause Long Island Rail Road delays and cancellations during the evening rush hour commute.Crews are repairing the damage from the minor derailment, but the LIRR expects to have fewer than the usual nine Penn Station tracks and platforms during peak hours between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Monday, according to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Service is expected to be mostly normal before and after rush hour as well as from the Atlantic Terminal and Hunterspoint Avenue stations.The incident is the second time in 11 days that a train from another railroad derailed in Penn Station and disrupted LIRR service. On March 24, an Amtrak Acela derailed and bumped an NJ TRANSIT train in Penn Station. Both incidents resulted in minor injuries.LIRR riders are urged to stay tuned to the railroad’s website, social media, app and email blasts for the latest information on what trains will be cancelled or delayed.last_img read more

  • City Corp plans to flex muscles

    first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

  • 29-year-old man ‘shoots’ self dead

    first_imgThe 29-year-old resident, whose name was withheld by Panay News due to the request of his family, was believed to have committed suicide by shooting himself on the head using a .38 revolver, police said. BACOLOD City – A man was found dead inside their house in Barangay Mandalagan. The man’s lifeless body was found by his elder brother in the former’s room around 6:05 p.m. on May 27, a police report showed. The man’s body was brought to a local mortuary for a “post-mortem” examination.center_img Prior to discovering the man’s cadaver, the elder brother heard an alleged gunshot around 5 p.m. the same day but did not mind it as he believed it came from outside of their house, it added. Officers of Police Station 3 have yet to rule out foul play in the incident./PNlast_img read more

  • Floyd N. Doll

    first_imgFloyd Nicholas Doll, age 86 of Batesville, died Sunday, June 4, 2017 at Margaret Mary Health in Batesville, IN. He was born February 13, 1931 in Batesville to the late Alma (Nee: Humig) and Lambert Doll. He married Alberta (Nee: Hoog) on November 25, 1954 at St. Louis Catholic Church, Batesville, and she preceded him in death on April 15, 2015.Floyd served in the Korean War with the army. After the war, he worked for City Coal & Oil for many years before driving for Straber Oil Company for over 40 years until his retirement in 2000. For hobbies, Floyd owned and operated Floyd Doll & Sons Raw Furs; he enjoyed farming, gardening, trapping, and hunting. He raised and sold many acres of potatoes, which provided the well-known “tater(s)” nickname to the kids. When it was time to relax, he and Bert would make a trip to Branson, MO and did this several times each year. They had celebrated their sixtieth wedding anniversary in November 2014 with family and friends. Floyd was a member of St. Anthony Catholic Church, and The St. Leon American Legion Post 464.Floyd is survived by daughters and son-in-laws Marcy and Tim Wurtz, Millie and Dan Shane, Janet Ward, Mary and Mark Huntington, Kathy and Dale Schuman, all of Batesville, sons and daughter-in-laws Nick and Sharon Doll, Greg and Colleen Doll, Tony and Nan Doll, all of Batesville, Jim Doll of Sunman, Indiana, Tom and Alisa Doll of Greenwood, daughter-in-law Theresa Doll; son-in-law Herb Hoff, both of Batesville, Indiana; sisters Anna Mae Erhart of Batesville, Shirley Doll of Indianapolis; brother Alois Doll of Batesville, Indiana; 30 grandchildren; 31 great grandchildren and numerous grand pets. In addition to his parents, he is also preceded in death by a daughter Janice Hoff; son Mike Doll; grandson Lambert Doll; and sister Rosemary Dierckman.Visitation is Wednesday, June 7th, from 4 – 7 p.m. at the Weigel Funeral Home, with a rosary service at 3:45 p.m. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 8th at St. Anthony’s Church in Morris with Rev. Shaun Whittington officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Military rites will be conducted by the St. Leon Legion Post #464 at the cemetery after services. The family requests memorials to St. Anthony’s Cemetery Fund.last_img read more

  • Players and clubs lack common  ground in wage-cut talks

    first_imgBy Simon EvansMANCHESTER, England (Reuters) – With the best paid footballers in the world, billionaire club owners, under-pressure politicians and even a millionaire trade union leader involved, it is perhaps hardly surprising that talks on a blanket wage cut in the world’s richest league have yet to reach an amicable conclusion.But what is worrying for those hoping to find an end to the deadlock in negotiations is that the two main sides — the clubs and the players, appear to be talking about two entirely separate issues.The gulf is so wide that while talks are expected to continue, the most likely outcome, sources tell Reuters, is a series of individual club deals with players rather than a nation-wide pact. In the talks, the Premier League clubs have asked for a “combination of conditional reductions and deferrals amounting to 30% of total annual remuneration.”The clubs say they need to reduce their wage-bill, temporarily, to help them cover their outgoings at a time when they have massively reduced income. It is almost a month since a ball has been kicked in the Premier League, four weeks without a broadcast game or matchday revenue and with the risk that if the season is not completed, broadcasters could reclaim up to 760 million pounds in payments to the clubs.The clubs say they want the players to help limit the damage by taking a hit to their pay-packet. Premier League clubs spend an average of around 60% of their income on salaries.The average monthly salary of a Premier League player is around 240,000 pounds with the top-earner, Manchester United’s Spanish goalkeeper David De Gea, making a reported 1.5 million a month. The Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA), who represent players at all levels of the game, including low-paid lower league footballers, say that the players are willing to give up some of their income — but not to let club owners keep it.“It’s not that they (the players) don’t appreciate the seriousness of what we are in,” union chief Gordon Taylor said on Monday. “It’s that if their money is being affected, they want to know what’s happening with it, and they would like to have the choice of where it goes to.”The clubs have been surprised by this response as they were not asking players to make donations, but to defer or cut their income. The league has agreed to make a 20 million pound donation to the NHS and local communities.LACK OF CONSULTATION For their part, the union were upset that the league went public with that demand without, they say, enough consultation with the players.They feel like they are being bounced into something,” said one source. The stance of the players has hardened since comments from Health Minister Matt Hancock, that players needed to take a pay cut and “play their part”, words which clearly struck a nerve.The players — and former players in the media — have been quick to point out that they are indeed “playing their part” through individually supporting charities and the NHS. After the most recent round of talks, the PFA even argued that a pay-cut for the players would actually harm the NHS as it would reduce their tax contributions.If all of this appears unseemly to the public, at a time when Britain is battling a pandemic which has so far claimed 4,897 lives and dealing with a lockdown which has wounded the economy, the decision of some clubs, including Premier League leaders Liverpool, to seek public funds to pay their non-playing staff has done little to help.Some of the players see such furloughing of staff as a way of putting pressure on them. On the other side, there is frustration with the PFA from some clubs. The union draws the bulk of its income from a share in the leagues’ television deals and the 75-year-old Taylor is reported to be Britain’s best paid union leader with an annual salary of 2.3 million pounds.The options for the clubs are limited, however — unilateral imposition of pay-cuts runs the risk of players suing clubs at some stage for breach of contract and even becoming free agents. There appears to be more willingness from the players to accept wage deferrals but, union sources say they would need to see financial information from clubs and guarantees that the withheld wages would be made up later.Localised deals have already begun to be made at lower-league levels where the salaries, turnovers and profit-margins are much lower and the risk of clubs not surviving an extended delay to the season is much higher.Whatever the eventual outcome, the public wrangling over money has done little to enhance the image of the game.“Leaving the public purse to pick up the cost of furloughing low paid workers, whilst players earn millions and billionaire owners go untouched is something I know the public will rightly take a very dim view of,” wrote Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden.last_img read more