No Plan B for LaLiga game in Miami after Barcelona withdraws

first_imgBarça were and still are willing to play in Miami, but consider that the project will not prosper until there is an agreement between all parties involvedhttps://t.co/PWVMEPU9zz— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) December 10, 2018Tebas explained he was yet to discuss the matter with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu and thanked Barcelona for allowing the process to get so far down the line.”I do not consider it a betrayal,” he added. “This was voluntary and until the last moment I could make a decision like that.”Barca wants unanimity and that will be very complicated. I can only thank them for helping us.” In October, FIFA president Gianni Infantino said soccer’s world governing body would not sanction the game, which was proposed as part of a 15-year agreement between Spain’s top flight and marketing partner Relevent Sports.On Monday, Barca withdrew from the planned match at the Dolphins’ Hard Rock Stadium, “after noting a lack of consensus over this proposal”. Related News LaLiga president Javier Tebas insists he has no plans to propose an alternative regular-season match in Miami next month after Barcelona pulled out of its proposed game against Girona.The prospect of playing a LaLiga game in the United States had been roundly criticized, with the Royal Spanish Football Federation and prominent players such as Barcelona defender Gerard Pique voicing their concerns. “The calendar was already established for a long time. There is no plan B,” Tebas told AS.”Taking the game to the U.S. is a very complicated issue. It is not easy and, if Barca has decided not to go …”We already said that it was a voluntary issue. We are going to try and change the opinion of Barcelona.”It is a very thoughtful decision of [Barca’s] board of directors.” Barcelona pulls out of plan to play LaLiga game in Miamilast_img

Previous Article
Next Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *